Thursday, September 9, 2010

My new project

So much like everyone else in the word, i have caved and have gotten a blog...

I have wanted to write a blog for so long but i felt like most things i would write about that would be considered interesting would be highly inappropriate to post on the internet. SO..... i was left wonder what i could possibly write about that would satisfy not only myself but the readers out there?

It wasn't until recently that i figured it out. Unbeknown to her, Ryan the Girl inspired me. Her blog is amazing! If you haven't clicked the link to read her posts yet, what are you waiting for. Fellow Blogger Ryan, also a friend of mine, saw on my facebook that i was starting a new project and expressed her interest..Thus the blog was born!

I thought if one person could be interested in my Crafting adventure, there must be more!

I started crafting probably close to 6...not really getting into it until i was 10 or so but my mother and i always bonded over arts and crafts. Even my brother is artsy fartsy. Started with gimp (you know that rubber-like string you braid and twist to make all kinds of stuff) and peeler beads (the tiny plastic tubey things that you set on a peg board and melt together to make an image/design) and grew into more complicated challenges. Clay, Stamping, and the all time favorite Scrap-booking were soon to follow. I even dabbled in stained glass for a bit. In high school it was jewelry. While in college, it was anything wood that could be painted. You name it, i could paint it and make it adorable: Paddles, Jewelry Boxes, Picture Frames, even just wood letters and putting them another piece of painted wood. Now, out of college, i am more into home decor (ill go more into this in later).

Now that you have the basics of how both the blog and crafting came into my life, but i hope you come back and read more about the chronicles of my crafting life, past, present, and future!

2 comments:

  1. Paige! First, I'm flattered that you gave me a shout out... thanks! Second, I can't wait to keep reading your posts. I've always been interested in crafty stuff (lately it's been trying to make jewelry), but I've never put enough time into it to get good at it. Can't wait to hear about what you're up to! Be prepared to be stalked heavily...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might have something really good here. Although I am looking forward to the blog that is considered "highly inappropriate."

    ReplyDelete